What is the course about?
This course is for those with some existing skills in Sibelius to learn how to use more advanced functions under the guidance of an expert tutor. You will learn how to create high quality scores and use Sibelius to create music files in other formats.
What will we cover?
- using edit filters, multiple voices, and quick note entry methods
- working with Sibelius sounds and playback options
- creating audio files in various formats
- maximising layout in scores and parts
- creating musical graphics for export to other documents
- particular functions required by your own projects e.g. chord symbols, TAB, transposing instruments, arrange functions, contemporary notation symbols etc.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- edit your scores and parts efficiently
- create publishable quality scores and parts
- create and export audio files
- use Sibelius Help effectively to work out how to notate anything you can think of.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You need some knowledge of music theory and confidence in using the basic functions of Sibelius (creating scores, inputting notation, assigning instrument sounds, familiarity with the main toolkit, keypad layouts, text types). You may have completed one of our introductory Sibelius courses, or learned the basics elsewhere.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Demonstrations and explanations from tutor
Practical class exercises (each learner will have a workstation)
Individual exercises & tasks in class
Individual work outside class on your own project(s).
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please bring your own notation project(s) and a memory stick.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Your skills with Sibelius will be useful in course such as Music theory, Composition workshop, Songwriting, which you can find in the Musicianship section of the website.
You may also be interested in one of our many courses in Music technology and digital audio production.