What is the course about?
Consolidation and revision of the Spanish connecting words and its uses.
What will we cover?
- differentiate Spanish connecting words and its different uses
- use the different connecting words in Spanish with more confidence.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- recognise and use a variety of connecting words in Spanish
- be more confident with the use of Spanish connecting words
- use Spanish connecting words in certain contexts.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Students should have studied Spanish for 3-4 years recently. Ideal for students taking the A-levels or DELE B1 exam.
For further details of the specific foreign language skills required for this level, please see the languages self-assessment chart at the start of the languages section of our course guide or at http://www.citylit.ac.uk/self-assess-your-level.
It is also essential that you have some knowledge of basic grammar terminology such as: a verb, a noun and conjugation. It would be helpful if you had knowledge of more intermediate grammar terminology such as: prepositions, direct and indirect pronouns, subjunctive, main and subordinate clauses.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
All materials will be provided by the tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Please, contact the Languages department to ask for advice.
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details