What is the course about?
This course, which takes place over 3 modules, will help you transition from GCSE to A Level. We will work on improving your intermediate grammar, acquiring more advanced grammar knowledge, developing your listening and speaking skills, and teaching you the vocabulary required by the various topics used across the exam units.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- El impacto turístico en España: el impacto económico; las oportunidades que ofrece el turismo; el impacto socioambiental.
- La música: los cambios y las tendencias; el impacto de la música en la cultura contemporánea.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- listen and respond to a variety of spoken Spanish-language sources, including authentic sources
- use the Spanish language accurately to express facts and ideas
- understand and apply the grammatical system and a range of structures.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an upper intermediate course and will be entirely taught in Spanish.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Students are expected to participate in the classroom activities and to do approximately 1-2 hour homework per week.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Textbook: Edexcel Spanish A Level by Hodder Education. ISBN 978-1471858314
Reading book: To be confirmed at the beginning of the course.
A good bilingual dictionary is essential (Oxford or Collins).
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
LSY32 Spanish preparation for A level in April.