What is the course about?
This course, which takes place over 3 modules, will help you transition from GCSE to A Level. We will work on improving your intermediate grammar, acquiring more advanced grammar knowledge, developing your listening and speaking skills, and teaching you the vocabulary required by the various topics used across the exam units.
What will we cover?
- El cambio en la estructura familiar: la evolución de las actitudes hacia el matrimonio, las relaciones y las familias.
- El mundo laboral: la vida laboral en España y las actitudes hacia el trabajo; las oportunidades de trabajo
para los jóvenes; la igualdad de género.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- listen and respond to a variety of spoken Spanish-language sources, including authentic sources
- use the Spanish language accurately to express facts and ideas
- understand and apply the grammatical system and a range of structures.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an upper intermediate course and will be entirely taught in Spanish.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Students are expected to participate in the classroom activities and to do approximately 1-2 hour homework per week.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Textbook: Edexcel Spanish A Level by Hodder Education. ISBN 978-1471858314
Reading book: To be confirmed at the beginning of the course.
A good bilingual dictionary is essential (Oxford or Collins).
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
LSY31 Spanish preparation for A level in January.
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details