Stammering Therapy for Adults
Group therapy classes to help you manage your stammer.
Our stammering therapy clients enrol as students who engage in a process of learning. We believe that this encourages an active approach to change which is essential to successful stammering therapy. Also, working in education means that we are able to offer group work, and for most people who stammer we see this as a positive choice.
By the end of your course our aims are for you to:
- use strategies to manage your stammering more easily
- reduce the tension that accompanies stuttering
- have a clear understanding of stammering and its causes
- have identified your own particular pattern of stammering
- have identified and worked on reducing unhelpful thoughts, feelings and avoidance strategies
- say what you want
- speak up in situations you may previously have avoided
- feel more comfortable in yourself and your speech
- be a more confident and assertive communicator
Read testimonials from previous City Lit Speech Therapy students.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for people who stammerCourse start date: Wed 26 Apr 2023
Location on this date: OnlineTutors: Carolyn Cheasman, Rachel EverardThis is a powerful approach to therapy. You'll learn to work more effectively with negative thoughts and feelings through acceptance and mindfulness work. You'll also learn how to identify, and move towards, valued goals and directions in your life.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.Full fee £119.00 Senior fee £83.00 Concession £24.00
- Speaking with Clarity - for People who ClutterCourse start date: Thu 4 May 2023
Location on this date: OnlineTutors: Vivien Grant-JonesCluttering can be present as the only communication challenge or alongside stammering. The course aims to help people gain greater awareness of their speech, develop more effective communication strategies and to build confidence in speaking.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.Full fee £99.00 Senior fee £69.00 Concession £20.00
- Refresh revise stammering therapyCourse start date: Tue 23 May 2023
Location on this date: OnlineTutors: Corinne Moffatt-SantosIn a supportive group you will work on desensitisation and practise your stammering management strategies. Become more confident by learning how to problem solve and extend your comfort zone.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.Full fee £79.00 Senior fee £55.00 Concession £16.00
- Using your voice for people who stammerCourse start date: Thu 8 Jun 2023
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Jenny YeatmanIncrease your understanding of how voice is made and analyse your own voice production and how it is affected by your stammering. In a supportive group, practise techniques such as relaxation, posture, breathing and voice onset to develop your confidence to speak without avoidance and struggle. Work towards finding your inner voice.Full fee £79.00 Senior fee £55.00 Concession £16.00
Can't see a course you want?
Add this category to your waiting list to set up alerts and we will update you when new courses are released online.Add me to waiting list