What is the course about?
- Increasing your knowledge of the training to become a speech and language therapist and of the job and career structures once qualified as a speech and language therapist.
- Helping you prepare for the interview.
- Giving you the opportunity to meet speech and language therapy clients.
What will we cover?
The course will cover the following topics:
- Training entry requirements when applying to become a speech and language therapist
- Where and how to apply
- Degree course content online
- Meeting clients & video observation
- Professional & clinical skills
- Working in the NHS
- Conditions of service
- The speech & language therapist's role
- Working with other professionals
- The interview procedure.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Understand the role of speech & language therapist and related issues.
- Have identified the next step to take.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
No previous knowledge is required. To access this course, you will need to follow spoken and written information in English, contribute to discussions and have an interest in the possibility of training to become a speech and language therapist.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- Presentation by tutor
- Discussion in small groups and large group.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You may decide to go on to further study or university.