What is the course about?
This course is all about essential oils in relation to their aromatic notes, origins and colours, and how they can be used to explore the link between the physical and non-physical body. Through relaxation techniques and energy work to raise sensitivity to and awareness of energy, we can use essential oils to calm, clear and balance ourselves and others.
What will we cover?
- Essential oil safety
- Essential oil qualities and methods of application
- The use of guided visualisation, breathing and affirmation techniques to centre personal energy
- The energetic body: chakra energy
- Practical application of hands-on energy work.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Recognise the aromatic and subtle vibrational qualities of eight essential oils
- Use essential oils safely
- Use techniques to enhance personal relaxation and visualisation
- Use essential oils to facilitate your own chakra energy and that of others
- Carry out a basic, subtle aromatherapy healing for the whole or part of the body, seated or lying down.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Introductory/intermediate. This course is designed for those who have some practical knowledge of working with energy and/or with essential oils.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- Tutor presentation
- Group work with discussion
- Pair work/practical tasks
- Verbal feedback.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no other costs, however you may wish to bring throws, blankets or scarves in colours which you enjoy. Please wear comfortable clothing. We will be working on massage couches and on exercise mats.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Students can go on to accredited courses in massage and complementary therapies, or enjoy further studies in many of the alternative therapy classes, e.g. Reflexology or Shiatsu.