What is the course about?
You will learn a sequence of movements from a Tai Chi short form and Chi Kung - exercises that will empower you to calm your emotions, relax your body and create a more peaceful state of mind.
(Please note that Paul Fielding teaches Cheng Man-Ching short form).
What will we cover?
The course will cover movements of the T'ai Chi short form. Additional warms up and Chi Kung exercises will be introduced.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Perform with improved ability the T'ai Chi Yang short form
- Demonstrate improved co-ordination and balance
- Perform loosening-up, stretching and some Chi Kung movements
- Experience a more relaxed state of mind and body.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
See course title above for the level.
PLEASE SEE THE PRE-EXERCISE CHECK LIST BELOW:
To assist us in providing a safe and healthy environment for you to exercise in please take a moment to consider the list below. If you have suffered from any of the conditions listed, please check with a medical practitioner whether it is suitable for you to undertake an exercise programme and bring a referral letter from your doctor to your tutor. If you have not checked, or if it is not suitable, please do not participate in an exercise or movement class.
- Do you ever have pains in your chest?
- Have you had any operations or injuries in the last year?
- Do you often feel faint or have spells of dizziness?
- Are you receiving medication for any condition?
- Do you have high blood pressure?
- Is there anything else we should know about your health?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem, such as Arthritis, Osteoporosis, back or knee problems?
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught through demonstration of the specific movements and active participation within a class setting. The course tutor will give instruction during the class to enhance and develop your practice. Handouts will also be provided in some of the classes.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You should wear loose comfortable clothing. Certain books and video/DVD will be recommended.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Continue next term and/or Chi Kung and relaxation.