What is the course about?
For those who want to explore Teaching Drama. A practical course to enable Teaching Drama in various scenarios.
What will we cover?
• Lesson plans and schemes of work
• Various Practitioners including Stanislavski/Meisner
• Drama Exercises for various groups from beginners to advanced
• Improvisation including contact improvisation
• Character Building
• Text analysis
• Marketing yourself as a practitioner.
Please note that acting classes by their very nature can involve exercises and the exploration of material that some students may find challenging.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Structure a Drama Workshop
• Run a confident Drama Workshop
• Have a choice of exercises and methodologies to teach various groups.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You will need to have ability in at least one of the following areas: Acting/Teaching/Directing.
In order to get the most from the course you will be able to:
• Listen and respond to instructions and feedback.
• Communicate clearly in discussion and drama practice.
• Read and respond to a variety of text.
• Give and receive constructive feedback.
• Take notes.
• Work within groups and pairs safely.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
In pairs and groups. As a whole group. small groups. Individually.
As part of the course content, your tutor may record your image for initial and ongoing assessment purposes. You are entitled to decline to participate in the recording of your image.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You will need a folder and notebook. Comfortable clothing should be worn.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Any professional development skills courses.