What is the course about?
With advances in technology this workshop will introduce you to how you can use digital platform for your practice. Between sessions you will have the opportunity to try out a digital platform and reflect upon it with your peers.
What will we cover?
• Why do it?
• Digital platform for your practice
• Tools and tips to becoming a digital therapist.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Discuss the benefits and challenges of going digital
• Identify how you could integrate digital platform into your practice
• Apply typical clinic tasks on a digital platform (case history taking, client booking, taking payments).
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is designed for those who hold a level 3 or above qualification in Massage, Reflexology. Aromatherapy or Sports massage.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught in a variety of ways including:
• Class discussions and presentations
• Practical exercises using laptop/digital platform
• Pair and small group work
• Flipped learning
Between sessions it is recommended that you try out the recommended client platform, this will enable you to share your reflections in the second session.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Pen and paper for making notes.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
A range of other CPD courses for professional therapists is available, such as: Advanced massage using sports massage techniques; Deep Tissue massage for Professionals; Practitioners Certificate in Japanese Facial Rejuvenation.
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details