Train the Trainer (Spring)
Time: 10:30 - 16:30
This course will be delivered online. You are required to attend both days of this course.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: TD002
Duration: 2 sessions (over 2 weeks)
What is the course about?
This two day course is designed to help you explore tools and techniques that will help you plan and facilitate interactive and engaging training, that will help your audience in achieving their intended learning outcomes. It is suitable for anyone new to training, as well as those who are looking to refresh their current training practice. The course will be delivered online.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
You will learn about:
- Fundamentals for becoming an effective trainer
- Planning and delivering a training session successfully
- Setting the scene at the start of the training and ending the session
- Body language and presentation skills.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Identify 'starters' and 'closers' for your training session
- Identify strategies that will maximise learning
- Identify strategies that support active learning
- Structure an audience focused training session
- Gain an awareness of how you present yourself to your audience.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
There are no entry requirements for this course.
In order to get the most from this course and present yourself as a trainer, you will need to be able to:
• express yourself clearly, fluently and accurately, both verbally and in written English
• have effective interpersonal and communication skills.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is classroom-based. You are required to attend both sessions. This learning experience will be practical and experiential. You will just need a willingness to keep an open mind and be ready to participate in the classroom activities, both individual and in groups.
In the classroom your trainer will model effective teaching practice. Your learning will be facilitated through:
• Participating in large and small group activities, eg. brainstorm, discussion, presentation and other active
• Receiving direct instruction from your trainer
• Participating in simulated training.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs. You are encouraged to take notes, please feel free to bring and use your own devices or a notebook. You will have access to online material, to download after the weekend training sessions.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Further learning: City Lit runs a range of professional and personal development courses that can further enhance your skills as a trainer.
Employment: With the skills gained from this weekend, you will be able to deliver training more condifently at work, or you may want to consider working as a self-employed trainer in your industry/field.