What is the course about?
On this practical taster course you will learn about the After Effects interface and how to improve your video work by creating, animating and combining text with image. This taster course offers you an opportunity to experience animating basic transformations in After Effects and to identify the progression course relevant to your needs.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- An understanding of the use of After Effects in video production
- Creating compositions and importing footage into projects
- Creating and animating text using transformations and keyframes
- Progression courses from this taster course.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Have an awareness of the use of After Effects in video production
- Be familiar with the interface of After Effects-
- Create new compositions
- Create and animate text using basic transformations and keyframes
- Identify progression courses relevant to your needs.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is a taster course suitable for complete beginners.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught using a range of techniques including demonstrations, practical exercises and individual assistance.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
• You will be taught using Google Meet / Zoom for the live session with your tutor. You will receive an email 2.5hrs before your session starts with details of the live session link. Please be aware you will need to check your email address associated with your account within this window.
• We use Google Classroom E-learning platform which will store all tasks/notes/resources/ demo videos You will need to login into our Google classroom before each sessions starts.
• You will need a computer or laptop. Ideally with a fully updated google Chrome browser and capable of running Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
• Using headphones with microphones will block out all room noise in sessions.
• You cannot use a tablet or mobile device on this course.
• You will require a good broadband connection.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You can develop your animation skills further with Adobe After Effects for beginners: for video and animation. City Lit offer a range of courses in 2D and 3D Animation, Adobe Animate CC, Adobe After Effects CC, Animation with Photoshop, editing, storyboarding and film lighting to enhance your animation practice.
City Lit offer a range of courses in video and DSLR film making, editing, sound, animated SFX with After Effects, digital and stop motion 2D and 3D Animation and an array of other visual arts courses to enhance your film making practice.