What is the course about?
On this practical taster course you will learn about the After Effects interface and how to improve your video work by creating, animating and combining text with image. This taster course offers you an opportunity to experience animating basic transformations in After Effects and to identify the progression course relevant to your needs.
What will we cover?
- An understanding of the use of After Effects in video production
- Creating compositions and importing footage into projects
- Creating and animating text using transformations and keyframes
- Progression courses from this taster course.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Have an awareness of the use of After Effects in video production
- Be familiar with the interface of After Effects-
- Create new compositions
- Create and animate text using basic transformations and keyframes
- Identify progression courses relevant to your needs.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is a taster course suitable for complete beginners.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught using a range of techniques including demonstrations, practical exercises and individual assistance.. Please note the City Lit uses Apple Mac computers in Animation and film.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs. Please bring a note/sketch book and pen.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You can develop your animation skills further with Adobe After Effects for beginners: for video and animation. City Lit offer a range of courses in 2D and 3D Animation, Adobe Animate CC, Adobe After Effects CC, Animation with Photoshop, editing, storyboarding and film lighting to enhance your animation practice.
City Lit offer a range of courses in video and DSLR film making, editing, sound, animated SFX with After Effects, digital and stop motion 2D and 3D Animation and an array of other visual arts courses to enhance your film making practice.