What is the course about?
Understanding how to use the manual settings of your DSLR cameras is key to shooting successful video. Professional film makers check a specific set of settings every time they shoot. This short workshop session teaches you that checklist and helps ensure the quality of your footage.
What will we cover?
- Understanding the function of, and how to access and adjus,t frame rate
- Understanding the function of, and how to access and adjust, shutter speed
- Understanding the function of, and how to access and adjust, ISO
- Understanding the function of, and how to access and adjust, white balance
- Understanding the function of and how to access and adjust aperture.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Understand the function of frame rate, shutter speed, ISO, white balance and aperture.
- access and adjust frame rate
- access and adjust shutter speed
- access and adjust ISO
- access and adjust white balance
- access and adjust aperture.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is a beginners’ course.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught using a range of techniques including short lectures, demonstrations, practical exercises, group and individual assistance and hand-outs. Please note the City Lit uses Apple Mac computers in Animation, Cartooning, Digital arts, Film, Graphics, Illustration, Photography and Web design.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please bring your camera (if you have one) to the classes and you may wish to bring a notebook and pen. The City Lit has a range of Digital SLR cameras, tripods, speedlights (flash guns) and lenses which you are welcome to use during the hours of the class. It would be useful to bring a memory stick (or portable hard drive – please note: PC formatted hard drives can be read by Apple mac computers, but not written to.).
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You can develop your DSLR film making practice further in VG500 DSLR for video: shoot and edit.
City Lit offer a range of courses in video and DSLR film making, editing, sound, animated SFX with After Effects, digital and stop motion 2D and 3D Animation and an array of other visual arts courses to enhance your film making practice.