What is the course about?
Discover the breadth of opportunities in the field of illustration; then have a go at a simple editorial illustration. You will be guided through options for researching your subject and some of the ways to begin generating and communicating your idea. This course is an ideal introduction if you are thinking about either, starting Illustration with VK424 Illustration for Beginners, or developing your practice with VK554 Illustration Stage 2.
What will we cover?
- The breadth of the professional illustration field
- Communicating an idea
- Exploring different materials
- Some understanding of the illustration process and practice.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Have an awareness of different uses of professional illustration
- Understand the basics of researching ideas for illustration
- Generate roughs in order to communicate a visual idea
- Identify which course would be best suited to your needs.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is a short introduction. All levels welcome.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This is a practical studio-based session. You will be taught using demonstrations and individual and group guidance.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
On the course you will be provided with basic materials and equipment.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
This is an ideal introduction to VK522 Illustration for beginners. You may also wish to expand your practice with some of the many Animation, Graphic Design or Cartooning and Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator courses we offer. You can find out more about these courses by entering the subject in the search box at www.citylit.ac.uk.