What is the course about?
You will be introduced to the beaded jewellery techniques of knotting and stringing using a range of beads and which tools, materials, beads and findings to use to create a set of beaded jewellery such as bracelets, necklaces and earrings.
You will learn about which design and colour principles to adopt for your designs.
This is a live online course. For more information please see our guide to online learning.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- Bead knotting and stringing techniques will be demonstrated showing which beads and findings to use.
- You will discuss colour and bead jewellery design principles
- You will learn about which tools and materials to use, such as wire and threads.
- How to finish off samples and finished pieces using metal findings.
- Small projects such as bracelets, necklaces and earing’s will be demonstrated.
- Discuss how to work independently after the course end.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
The course is for all abilities.
You should be able to follow simple written and verbal instructions to support demonstrations and hand-outs.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Through practical demonstrations and tutor samples.
Through 1:1 and group discussion.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Basic materials will be provided, however if you would like to bring your own beads and findings
you are welcome to bring them.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
City Lit offer a wide range of short and year-long courses in Jewellery design and making, from beginners to advanced, and for professional development.
The courses below might complement what you learned on this course:
VV355 Knotting and stringing for beads and pearls
VV606 Introduction to leather jewellery
VV960 Try it out: jewellery making weekend.