Turkish 3: module 3
Time: 18:00 - 19:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
This course has now started
Course Code: LTK33
Duration: 10 sessions (over 11 weeks)
What is the course about?
The emphasis will be on speaking and listening, but you will still cover grammar, vocabulary and reading and wriiting skills.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- Grammar (modal verbs, conditionals, future tenses).
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- give advice
- talk about work experience in past and today
- express opinion about events such as sport, fashion and art
- understand and participate in day-to-day conversations.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for learners who have studied Turkish for 2 years, or have the equivalent level.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, this course takes place online.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
The tutor will let you know if there are any books you will need.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
To be discussed with your tutor.
Cavidan, is a bilingual speaker of Turkish and German. She has been teaching for over 10 years at adult education institutes, and sixth form colleges. She holds a PGCE and QTLS has experience in teaching Turkish and German across all stages. She works also as an assessor for Turkish language. Cavidan undertook an MA in German Language and Literature, has worked as chartered Translator/Interpreter and as a Journalist. Her classes are very interactive and activities are planned for different learning styles. Cavidan says: “I enjoy very much facilitating learning in a relaxed atmosphere where students can enjoy learning and develop their passion for languages further”.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.