What is the course about?
The course aims to provide students with a foundation understanding of Turkish language, enabling students to begin communication in practical situations with an insight into Turkish culture.
What will we cover?
The course will cover Turkish phonology, elementary grammar, vocabulary, and socio-cultural elements of the language providing students the opportunity to develop both productive and receptive skills.
Greet and meet people and introduce yourselves and others; give personal information: age, profession, nationality; speak about your family, buy or order food and drink, use numbers.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- greet people
- introduce yourself and others
- spell nouns
- give personal information
- ask for personal information
- count up to 100
- buy food and drinks in the market
- order food and drinks in a restaurant
- ask for price
- name basic objects and where they are.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for complete beginners.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Based on tutor's own material.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
LTK02 Turkish beginners module 2 in January.