What is the course about?
This course will increase your confidence in Turkish, consolidating and building upon previous knowledge and practising a wider variety of everyday situations.
What will we cover?
Daily routine / Time / Hobbies / extended personal information / directions / extension of vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation / asking for information.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- talk about your weekly routines and ask others
- talk about your free time and ask others
- ask for and understand directions
- give and ask for more personal information
- use expressions of time to talk about present/future
- use the time effectively
- use and understand commonly used verb collocations.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for near beginners – students should have completed Turkish 1: module 1 or have equivalent knowledge of the language.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Based on the tutor's own material.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Please, call the languages department for advice: 020 7492 2644.
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details