What is the course about?
Develop your ukulele technique, explore chord theory, and learn how to apply advanced techniques to standard tunes..
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Finger picking, advanced strumming, tablature, playing and singing as you play.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- play new songs
- improve your picking technique
- get to grips with tablature
- apply new knowledge to tunes of your choice
- address the skill of transposing tunes into different keys.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for students who have substantial experience of playing ukulele.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The tutor will give practical demonstrations of the technique taught in each online session. You will learn and play as a group and the tutor will give advice and feedback to the group and individual students.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please use your own ukulele(s).
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
An ensemble class or ukulele orchestra, schedule to be arranged.