What is the course about?
Our values drive us and bring meaning and motivation to our lives. NLP provides rapid and powerful techniques to enable you to discover and align your beliefs and values with whatever you want to achieve, so that your efforts become more purposeful. The course will provide tools to help you achieve your potential and live a purposeful life, improving your work and personal relationships.
What will we cover?
- Developing self-awareness and motivation
- How to elicit your values
- Aligning your values to flow with your purpose in life
- Identifying behaviour change strategies that will help you to achieve your goals.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Describe at least three personal values which are important to you
- Identify how your values align with what you are doing in life
- Use strategies to make changes in a personal issue of your choice, such as health, relationships, self- or career development.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Some knowledge of NLP could be useful but is not essential. The course is suitable for anybody who is interested in the applications of NLP to help create a purposeful and meaningful life - open-mindedness and curiosity are certainly a assets. To benefit fully from this course, you need to have a reasonable level of spoken English. If you are unsure please contact an advisor or the tutor.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The sessions include theory input, demonstrations, discussions, practice in small groups and pairs, as well as experiential assignments between classes to integrate and test your learning. Handouts will be provided.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There will be no additional costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Other related courses:
Some information and guidance will be offered by the tutor, but you may like to consider the following City Lit courses:
PG602 - Change your behaviour using NLP
PG670 - NLP at work
PG806 - Managing internal stree: introduction to REBT
PG757 - NLP: the healing power of the mind.