What is the course about?
A deeper look at the WordPress Content Management System – Computer software that allows you to quickly and easily create and maintain websites and/or blogs. This course is intended for learners with some previous experience of WordPress. The course uses the free hosted service WordPress.com or learner’s own hosted sites.
This is a live online face-to-face course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Using WordPress with WordPress.com and self-hosted sites
• Recap on creating, modifying Posts and Pages
• Effective use of the Media Library
• Managing a blog – handling comments and feedback
• Effectively using Themes and Templates to customise your website or blog
• Using Plugins and Widgets.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Demonstrate a good understanding of WordPress at an intermediate level
• Feel confident in creating a useful website and/or blog in WordPress.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should have attended the course Build a website in two sessions with WordPress or WordPress: introduction or have a similar level of knowledge.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This course will be delivered online, and will involve tutor presentation and class discussion. Student preparation and homework outside class times is strongly encouraged. To fully participate in this online class you will need:
- An email address
- A reliable internet connection
- A computer/laptop/tablet with a fully updated browser (preferably google chrome). Your device will need a microphone, and preferably a camera.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs. You will need a valid email address and ensure you are able to access this email account to verify your Wordpress.com registration.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Customising a WordPress website, HTML5 & CSS: Introduction (stage 1) or any of our digital marketing /social media courses.