Time: 18:00 - 21:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
This course has now finished
What is the course about?
A deeper look at the WordPress Content Management System – Computer software that allows you to quickly and easily create and maintain websites and/or blogs. This course is intended for learners with some previous experience of WordPress. The course uses the free hosted service WordPress.com or learner’s own hosted sites.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Using WordPress with WordPress.com and self-hosted sites
• Recap on creating, modifying Posts and Pages
• Effective use of the Media Library
• Managing a blog – handling comments and feedback
• Effectively using Themes and Templates to customise your website or blog
• Using Plugins and Widgets.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Demonstrate a good understanding of WordPress at an intermediate level
• Feel confident in creating a useful website and/or blog in WordPress.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should have attended the course Build a website in two sessions with WordPress or WordPress: introduction or have a similar level of knowledge.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught step by step through demonstrations and presentations. The course uses the free-hosted service Wordpress.com. Each student has access to a computer for practical work.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs. You will need a valid email address and ensure you are able to access this email account to verify your Wordpress.com registration or if you have an existing WorPress site you wish to use then bring your logins along.