What is the course about?
A deeper look at the WordPress Content Management System – Computer software that allows you to quickly and easily create and maintain websites and/or blogs. This course is intended for learners with some previous experience of WordPress.
What will we cover?
• Using WordPress with WordPress.com and self-hosted sites
• Recap on creating, modifying Posts and Pages
• Effective use of the Media Library
• Managing a blog – handling comments and feedback
• Effectively using Themes and Templates to customise your website or blog
• Using Plugins and Widgets.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Demonstrate a good understanding of WordPress at an intermediate level
• Feel confident in creating a useful website and/or blog in WordPress.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should have attended the course 'A website in a day with Wordpress' , or have a similar level of knowledge.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course uses the free hosted service Wordpress.com or learner’s own hosted sites.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs.You will need to bring a valid email address with you and ensure you are able to access this email account to verify your Wordpress.com registration. A computer is provided.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Customising a WordPress website, Build an e-shop with WordPress, HTML5 & CSS: Introduction (stage 1) or any of our digital marketing /social media courses. Please check our brochure for more details.