What is the course about?
This course provides a supportive workshop environment for you to explore issues of grammar and style in your own writing.
What will we cover?
You will be able to build on your understanding of grammar by analysing your own written work.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- proof read your own and other people’s writing with more confidence
- identify and evaluate grammatical habits in your writing
- use your knowledge of grammar to communicate more effectively in writing.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This workshop is particularly geared to anyone who is not confident with their writing and is writing within a professional, academic or creative context.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Each week you will be asked to bring in examples of your own writing, give feedback on others work and research and present on grammatical topics.
This course will be delivered online, and will involve tutor presentation and class discussion. Student preparation and homework outside class times is strongly encouraged. To fully participate in this online class you will need:
- An email address
- A reliable internet connection
- A computer/laptop/tablet with a fully updated browser (preferably google chrome). Your device will need a microphone, and preferably a camera.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
The tutor will provide relevant handouts and materials throughout the course. You will be asked to bring your written work to class.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
When you successfully complete this course, the tutor will advise you on the next level you can progress to.