What is the course about?
This fun and interactive day workshop provides introductory information to students who are just starting their blogging journey. Tips, techniques and approaches to writing intriguing, compelling and inspiring blogposts will be provided.
What will we cover?
- Develop an understanding of why you want to blog and what you hope to get from it
- Start to understand who you want your reader to be, and why they would want to read your blog
- Learn more about the different style of blogs
- Understand the basics that a blog post and a blog should contain
- Begin to understand how a blog gets found by others, and how you can promote your blog
- A chance to ask questions about your own blog ideas.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Understand what you want your blog to be, and have tangible 'next steps' to work on
- Develop your understanding of blogs, and what being a blogger means.
- Generate a list of blog post ideas that you're ready to write.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is a beginners course. Students will need to write in fluent English and will need an enthusiasm for starting or developing their own blog.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught with a mix of pair work, tutor instruction, short writing tasks and extract analysis.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
City Lit offers a range of non-fiction writing courses. For more information, browse the writing section of our website.
All students are invited to join us at Late Lines, our regular performance night for City Lit writers. Students are also encouraged to submit their work to Between the Lines, our annual anthology of creative writing. For the latest news, courses and events, stay in touch with the Department on Facebook and Twitter.