What is the course about?
This course offers an introduction to Yoga and Pilates. Yoga asanas (postures) that help to stretch and strengthen the body are complemented by mat based Pilates exercises to help you use your core muscles more effectively. We finish the class with a guided relaxation to help you leave feeling fully refreshed and calm.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Working with good alignment
• Releasing tension in the muscles
• Standing and mat based Yoga postures (asanas)
• Mat based Pilates exercises (core, abdominals, back, hips and legs)
• Relaxation and visualisation.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
have a working knowledge of how to improve standing posture
- be more aware of when you are holding tension in the body
-perform some basic Yoga postures
-perform some basic Pilates exercises
-practise relaxation with guidance.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Suitable for beginners.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- Demonstration and practice
- Follow me
- Verbal instruction
- Questions and answers
- Mini lecture.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please wear loose, comfortable clothing and have something to keep you warm during relaxation. Yoga postures are performed barefoot but you may wear non-slip socks if you prefer.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Any other Yoga or Pilates course.