What is the course about?
The course provides the opportunity for people to experience Yoga without needing to lie or sit on a mat; using chairs to support sitting and standing yoga postures and practices. Yoga increases body and breath awareness; it improves posture, stamina and flexibility, enhances our quality of breathing and teaches relaxation techniques which help reduce stress in our daily life.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Yoga practices and movements to help address shoulder, neck and back tension and pain, and to reassure and strengthen upset knees and legs. Breathing exercises to enhance the breath. How to use Yoga to increase your energy and sense of wellbeing.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Perform basic yoga postures and breathing exercises with guidance
- Follow the teacher's instructions and demonstrations
- Improve your body awareness
- Obtain improved flexibility, strength, stamina and peace of mind
- Gain relief from areas of ongoing tension
- Practise simple breathing exercises.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
The course is available and appropriate for people with little or no previous experience of yoga, or any other physical practice. It is designed for people who may have received GP recommendation for movement.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The tutor will guide the class through follow-me demonstration, with explanations and prompts where needed, questions will be encouraged.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There is no any other cost. As this course is delivered online, you need to have a PC/laptop/iPad/phone and an internet connection. You also need to have a quiet place in your home to practice. Bring a chair and wear comfortable clothes.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You can enrol on other Yoga and/or movement courses.