Items 1-15 of 340
- Massage: an introduction (access to level 3)Course start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 3 other dates)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Hilary LyonsDiscover how massage can relieve stress and promote relaxation and healing through touch. Learn techniques to perform on family and friends. Suitable for those with a general interest or wishing to progress on to a qualification.
- Certificate in counselling skillsCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 3 other dates)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Constance Ffrench, Edna Ogundare, Diana PigottThe application process for this course is now closed.
Do you want to develop counselling skills for paid or voluntary work? This course includes occasional weekend sessions which you will be required to join and one compulsory residential trip away.
In order to apply for this course, please ensure that:
• you have (or will have) completed an introductory counselling course of 30 hours, with an attendance record of at least 80% (within the last three years).
• you have completed an introductory counselling course of 30 hours with an attendance record of at least 70% AND you have completed a ‘Counselling introduction: advanced’ course (or equivalent) with an attendance record of at least 80% (within the last three years)
• you are able to speak and write fluently in English (level 2/GCSE).
- Using Apple Mac OS: short introductionCourse start date: Sat 6 Aug 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Michael HardingLearn about Apple Mac computers: the desktop, layout and environment, how to open, save and close files, and navigate the operating system.Full fee £49.00 Senior fee £39.00 Concession £32.00
- Drawing: ink and wash techniquesCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Jack DuplockThe immediacy and versatility of ink and wash is perfect for those sketching on location, for designers and for students interested in watercolour techniques. Take the opportunity to explore the basic techniques of this exciting process.Full fee £169.00 Senior fee £135.00 Concession £110.00
- Contemporary printmaking studio: focus on courage to playCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Thomas GosebruchExplore and develop personal work using traditional printmaking methods with a contemporary approach. All levels of experience welcome. Beginners will follow a step-by-step introduction to a range of processes; those with experience can develop personal projects with expert guidance.Full fee £749.00 Senior fee £599.00 Concession £487.00
- Music history quizCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Edward BreenStart the new term with a short lively classical music quiz.Full fee £0.00 Senior fee £0.00 Concession £0.00
- Foundation diploma in art and designCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: MultipleThe UAL Foundation Diploma in Art & Design at City Lit is an exciting and challenging multi-disciplinary art, design, craft and media programme. It is designed to give you the best possible introduction to a wide range of materials, techniques and processes, and to support you in identifying and developing your creative interests and thinking. Validated by the University of the Arts London Awarding Body, it is an internationally recognised qualification with a UCAS tariff that enables you to apply directly to University.
The course fee is £5421, plus an upfront fee of £100 payable at the time of your enrolment. If you are unable to pay the course fees, you can choose to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan from Student Finance England (SFE) to help cover the course fee, repayable after the course ends. A deposit of £200 is also payable to secure your place (refundable after you complete the course). You can find more information about the Advanced Learner Loan www.citylit.ac.uk/advanced-learner-loans
For more information, please call Art Foundation (pre 1920) on 020 7492 2700/2703.Full fee £5,521.00 Senior fee £5,521.00 Concession £5,521.00
- Clay sculpture: life and portraitCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Alexandra HarleyFollow in the footsteps of Michelangelo and Rodin and learn how to capture the human figure, both physically and emotionally, on this fascinating practical sculpting course. You will work from a life model to develop your own clay sculpture of the human form.
- Holistic massage: taster workshopCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Oge OkohInterested in massage but don't know where to begin? Why not try this general introduction to massage! Learn about the many benefits of massage, as well as basic massage techniques to use on friends and family.
- Drawing from plants and flowersCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetMake wonderful drawings in colour and black and white from a range of flowers and plants. Taking the rich and varied history of drawing plants and flowers in different traditions for inspiration. Working with the expressive and colourful medium of both soft and oil pastels, you will respond to the colours and textures of plants and flowers. Suitable for all levels, this course involves making composition studies, leading up to a final, larger, more resolved piece.
- Art history tasterCourse start date: Mon 9 Jan 2023 (and 15 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley Street (other locations are available)Tutors: Sarah JaffrayCurious about art history? Join us for this taster session where we explore different ways into visual art and its histories from the ancient to the contemporary.
- WordPress: introductionCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022
Location on this date: Dual Mode (Online or In Person)Tutors: Andrea MarzanoLearn the essential skills required to create a website and/or blog using the world's most popular content management system - WordPress.
This course will be delivered online or in person. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
- Metal sculpture: all levelsCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Andrew RevellLearn the techniques required in making sculptural/functional objects in steel: cutting, bending, welding and joining small scale metal. Please bring ideas, inspiration and scrap metal. This course is for beginners and those with some prior experience.
- Explore illustrationCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Adam GraffLove drawing? Eager to reawaken your inner artist? Join us for an exploration of illustration in this taster workshop where you can enjoy the process of image-making. Explore illustration invites you to experiment with a number of drawing techniques and processes to produce a lively and often surprising series of images.Full fee £5.00 Senior fee £5.00 Concession £5.00
- Podcasting: introductionCourse start date: Wed 27 Jul 2022 (and 6 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley Street (other locations are available)Tutors: Amber Raney-KincadeDo you want to create your own podcast? This is your chance to develop your ideas into a fully-fledged podcast which you will produce in this course.
Can't see a course you want?
Add this category to your waiting list to set up alerts and we will update you when new courses are released online.Add me to waiting list