Items 1-15 of 454
- Massage: an introduction (access to level 3)Course start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 3 other dates)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Hilary LyonsDiscover how massage can relieve stress and promote relaxation and healing through touch. Learn techniques to perform on family and friends. Suitable for those with a general interest or wishing to progress on to a qualification.
- Contemporary printmaking studio: focus on courage to playCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Thomas GosebruchExplore and develop personal work using traditional printmaking methods with a contemporary approach. All levels of experience welcome. Beginners will follow a step-by-step introduction to a range of processes; those with experience can develop personal projects with expert guidance.Full fee £749.00 Senior fee £599.00 Concession £487.00
- Certificate in counselling skillsCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 3 other dates)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Constance Ffrench, Edna Ogundare, Diana PigottThe application process for this course is now closed.
Do you want to develop counselling skills for paid or voluntary work? This course includes occasional weekend sessions which you will be required to join and one compulsory residential trip away.
In order to apply for this course, please ensure that:
• you have (or will have) completed an introductory counselling course of 30 hours, with an attendance record of at least 80% (within the last three years).
• you have completed an introductory counselling course of 30 hours with an attendance record of at least 70% AND you have completed a ‘Counselling introduction: advanced’ course (or equivalent) with an attendance record of at least 80% (within the last three years)
• you are able to speak and write fluently in English (level 2/GCSE).
- Drawing 1Course start date: Sun 19 Jun 2022 (and 7 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Brian SayersExplore the creative possibilities of drawing, gain confidence and broaden your expectations and understanding. Learn and develop key drawing concepts: function of line, tone, texture, form, composition and mark making through a carefully structured approach.
- Holistic massage: taster workshopCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Oge OkohInterested in massage but don't know where to begin? Why not try this general introduction to massage! Learn about the many benefits of massage, as well as basic massage techniques to use on friends and family.
- Drawing from plants and flowersCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Hilary RosenMake wonderful drawings in colour and black and white from a range of flowers and plants. Taking the rich and varied history of drawing plants and flowers in different traditions for inspiration. Working with the expressive and colourful medium of both soft and oil pastels, you will respond to the colours and textures of plants and flowers. Suitable for all levels, this course involves making composition studies, leading up to a final, larger, more resolved piece.
- Art history tasterCourse start date: Mon 9 Jan 2023 (and 15 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley Street (other locations are available)Tutors: Sarah JaffrayCurious about art history? Join us for this taster session where we explore different ways into visual art and its histories from the ancient to the contemporary.
- Touch typing and keyboard skillsCourse start date: Tue 13 Sep 2022 (and 3 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetDo you need to learn to type quickly and efficiently? Are you working or do you want to work in administration? Learn how to type with correct finger placement without looking at the keyboard. Build your speed with practice and speed tests. No previous experience required.
This course is FREE if a) you are on a Low Wage or b) you are either on Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) or Employment & Support Allowance(ESA) or c) you want to get a job or progress into a better job and you receive other state benefits (including Universal Credit). For more information click here
- Biblical Hebrew 3: module 1Course start date: Tue 13 Sep 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: OnlineTutors: Rachel MontaguFurther your knowledge of Hebrew grammar and develop your ability to translate from the Bible. Suitable for those who have completed Level 2 at City Lit or have an equivalent knowledge.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in MassageCourse start date: Tue 13 Sep 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Helen RennieConsidering massage therapy as a career? Learn the theory and practice of massage at a professional level. City Lit is a leading training provider in London for Massage and Complementary Therapies, providing outstanding achievement at high industry standards. Our courses are taught by experienced and practising industry professionals who have current knowledge of the massage sector. If you’ve applied for this course and not heard back from us, please email us on email@example.com, or call us (Mon-Fri 10:00-17:00) on 020 7492 2622.
The application process is open until 15 Sepember 2022.
The course fee is £1599 payable at the time of your enrolment. If you are unable to pay the course fees, you can choose to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan from Student Finance England (SFE) to help cover the course fee, repayable after the course ends. You can find more information about the Advanced Learner Loan www.citylit.ac.uk/advanced-learner-loans
For more information, please call Health & Wellbeing on 020 7492 2622.Full fee £1,599.00 Senior fee £1,599.00 Concession £1,599.00
- Photography for beginnersCourse start date: Tue 24 Jan 2023 (and 8 other dates)
Location on this date: Photography StudioTutors: Ed GregoryAlways wondered what half the buttons on your camera actually do? Discover how to use them properly and produce impressive photographs, even as a complete beginner. Gain useful technical knowledge and get expert creative guidance in easy-to-understand language. An ideal first step before enrolling on our intermediate courses.Full fee £319.00 Senior fee £255.00 Concession £207.00
- Jewellery: design labCourse start date: Wed 11 Jan 2023 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Louise Seijen Ten HoornFancy working on your own jewellery projects in a professional workshop with an expert tutor? Join our
jewellery: design lab to develop your skills, try different techniques, and discover new design approaches. Develop your own projects with expert guidance, and step outside your comfort zone to produce top quality pieces to your own jewellery designs.
- Develop your jewellery design and makingCourse start date: Wed 11 Jan 2023 (and 4 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Elizabeth BoneFancy honing your jewellery making skills in a professional workshop with an expert tutor? If you are an intermediate to advanced jewellery maker and would like to improve your designs and push your technical skills to a higher standard, this hands-on, expert led course is for you. Perfect your skills, try different techniques, and discover new design approaches.
- Introduction to printmaking techniquesCourse start date: Mon 27 Jun 2022 (and 3 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Anne-Marie FosterThis fast-paced course reveals the main processes used to make fine art prints. You will learn both relief and intaglio methods. For beginners and those with limited experience who want to discover how printmaking techniques actually work. An ideal way to start printmaking.Full fee £259.00 Senior fee £207.00 Concession £168.00
- Cut, stab and etch: printmaking with linocutsCourse start date: Thu 7 Jul 2022 (and 4 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Lisa CradduckCut, stab and etch your way to dynamic blocks and exciting prints. Practical instruction in both traditional and inventive linocut techniques, including the reduction method developed by Picasso, multiple block printing and Polish dot linocut.
Can't see a course you want?
Add this category to your waiting list to set up alerts and we will update you when new courses are released online.Add me to waiting list