Create a short film in a weekend
Time: 10:00 - 15:00
Location: KS - Keeley Street
This course takes place in the classroom, please follow this link to find out what we are doing to keep you safe: Staying COVID-19 secure at City Lit
Course Code: VG184
Duration: 2 sessions
What is the course about?
This short fast paced course is an excellent taster course for wishing to enter the world of film making. As well as being taught the preproduction skills of scripting and storyboarding, you will be taught how to use HD cameras to frame and record shots, import and edit clips into premiere Pro CC and export your sequence as a movie.
What will we cover?
- Scripting and storyboarding
- Framing your shot, camera angles and movement and their uses.
- Recording image and sound with an HD camera
- Editing in Premiere Pro CC; A basic introduction to the software and to some editing techniques.
- Exporting your final film for publishing online
- Exhibition options e.g. Youtube, Vimeo, Festivals, competitions, submission platforms Film Freeway, Withoutabox.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Understand the importance of scripting and storyboarding
- Understand the uses of different framing and camera movement.
- Understand the HD camera settings to use to record images and sound.
- Use basic editing techniques in Premiere Pro CC to edit a short film
- Be able to export your movie using the appropriate codec.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is a beginners’ course.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught using a range of techniques including online workshops, short lectures, demonstrations, practical exercises, group and individual assistance and hand-outs.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
No. The latest software and professional equipment will be made available to you in our fully equipped studios.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You can develop your skills further in VG397 Narrative film making or VG540 Start filming and compositing with green screen. We also offer a range of courses at City Lit in DSLR, HD camera and smart phone film making as well as courses in the styles of film making including Narrative, Documentary, Experimental and filming for Social media.
You can enhance your film making skills further through courses in Editing in Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro and Da Vinci Resolve as well as courses in Animated SFX with After Effects CC.