Cultura Andina y el español
Time: 11:00 - 13:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LSW53
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
This course will give you the opportunity to know more about the Andean Culture of South America, past and present. You will learn about their music, traditions and unique way of life while practicing your Spanish and enjoying a group quiz about the Andes.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- Main groups that inhabited that Andes
- Arts, music, beliefs and traditions of the Andean people
- Flora and Fauna in the Andes
- Lifestyle of the ancient civilizations and their influence in the present
- Spanish Language and culture and their influence on the Andean communities.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Name the main groups that inhabited the Andes region
- Identify the Andean culture main features such as typical music, beliefs and traditions
- Identify the influence of the both Andes and Spanish cultures in the present communities
- Use new vocabulary and structure to talk to the class and ask questions to the presenter.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This will be an informative workshop done in Spanish. You should have an elementary level of the language (at least an A2 level).
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
All materials will be provided by the tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Other Explore workshop courses. Please, ask the tutor, call the Languages Department on 020 7492 2644 or email email@example.com.