Design and build your own website - for Deaf people
Time: 10:00 - 13:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Check your level
Course Code: YCDW01
Duration: 5 sessions (over 5 weeks)
What is the course about?
This course will help you how to create and design your own website. You will learn how to set up your own portfolio site, how to add photos and videos and how to edit and update data in your own website. You will also learn how to maintain security and how to manage your own website.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Setting up a WordPress portfolio site
• Selecting a theme and styling your own site such as for deaf websites
• Adding media such as photos and videos
• Editing and updating text
• Creating menus and links to your own website.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Access your own site in WordPress
• Select and modify themes and styles such as for deaf websites
• Add pages and upload media
• Create menus and add links to your own website.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is a basic level web design course and you need to able to use Internet with confidence. To find out your level of skills, you will need to complete the initial assessment & the interview before enrolling. To book the assessment & the interview, please contact: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone (sms): 07307 810118; phone (voice): 02074922511.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Each student has their own computer. Presentations will be made using computers, interactive whiteboard, overhead screen and printed notes. Step-by-step instruction, with demonstrations where appropriate, will help you grasp the concepts. Classes are taught in British Sign Language, and written English.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please bring a folder, pens, paper and a memory stick.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Your attendance and punctuality is expected to be at 85% or above. At the end of this course, your course tutor will review your learning progress including your attendance/punctuality and will advise accordingly.