Digital skills for the workplace: how to integrate Word, Excel and PowerPoint to organise, present and communicate data (advanced)
Time: 10:00 - 13:00
This course is FREE if a) you are on a Low Wage or b) you are either on Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) or Employment & Support Allowance(ESA) or c) you want to get a job or progress into a better job and you receive other state benefits (including Universal Credit). For more information click here
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: CWP06
Duration: 5 sessions (over 5 weeks)
Please note: We offer a wide variety of financial support to make courses affordable. Just visit our online Help Center for more information on a range of topics including fees, online learning and FAQs.
What is the course about?
This course is about how to integrate features of Word, Excel and PowerPoint so you can produce sophisticated documents and presentations and in particular present data effectively and efficiently. You will focus on how to integrate Excel data and charts with PowerPoint, link Excel data and charts with PowerPoint for automatic updating, master Excel data integration into Word, use linking to embed data, insert Excel spreadsheets into Word. You will also learn how to use Word to create a new PowerPoint presentation by utilizing a Word Outline and to use Word to create customizable PowerPoint speaker notes and handouts.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• integrating Excel data and charts with PowerPoint
• linking vs embedding data
•linking Excel data and charts with PowerPoint for automatic updating
• integrating Excel data into Word
•inserting an Excel Spreadsheet into Word
• using Word to create a new PowerPoint presentation by utilizing a Word Outline.
• using Word to create customizable PowerPoint speaker notes and handouts.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• integrate Excel data and charts with PowerPoint
• identify when to link vs embed data
•link Excel data and charts with PowerPoint for automatic updating
• integrate Excel data into Word
•insert an Excel Spreadsheet into Word
• use Word to create a new PowerPoint presentation by utilizing a Word Outline.
• use Word to create customizable PowerPoint speaker notes and handouts.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for advanced used of MS Office and aimed at anyone needing to produce high quality documents and presentations in the workplace.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will learn in a supportive and welcoming environment with an emphasis on your discovering how to do and complete tasks, with guidance from the tutor. You will work on your own and with other students on different tasks so you are always practising important in-demand life and work skills such as problem-solving, decision-making, prioritising, negotiating, collaborating and independence. You will learn in a step by step manner so you can complete challenging tasks in enjoyable and relaxing ways. Your tutor will also work with you individually so you know how to improve and how to work in a way that improves your learning. You will need to do work outside the classroom and use Google Classroom to help you.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You will need a pen, paper and a folder to keep your work in. Your tutor will provide handouts and a code for Google classroom so you can communicate with classmates and access materials, videos etc. online.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
There are many courses you can do before, during or after this course. These include:
• Digital skills for the workplace: analysing, handling and presenting data with Excel (intermediate)
• Workplace skills: how to be organised, focused and efficient using MS Outlook and OneNote (intermediate)
• Digital skills for the workplace: how to present, organise and communicate with Word (intermediate)
• Digital skills for the workplace: creating newsletters, reports and tables with Word (intermediate)
• Business administration: ICT skills for business (advanced)
• Business administration: how to organise and manage with OneNote, MS Outlook and OneDrive (intermediate)
• Award in Digital and IT Skills: word-processing, spreadsheets, presentations and databases (intermediate-level 2)
• Level 3 certificate in IT user skills (ECDL Advanced)
• Pathway to ECDL level 3
There also many maths, English, employability and communication skills courses you can do. Ask your tutor or contact email@example.com / (telephone temporarily unavailable) for more detail. These include:
• Professional communication skills: how to make your writing clear, concise and organised (level 2)
• Professional communication skills: reading, analysing, and comparing data and text (level 2)
• Professional communication skills: effective verbal communication in the workplace (level 2)
• Professional communication skills: effective written communication in the workplace (level 2)
• Professional communication skills: business writing from memos to storytelling (level 2)
• Professional communication skills: creating a positive image from job hire to promotion
• Business communication skills: the principles of selling (an introduction)
• Becoming data literate: how to understand the data all around you (level 1-2)
• Becoming data literate: how to present data for work or study (L2+)
• Becoming data literate: understanding data and how it is presented from pie-charts to bell curves (level 2+).