English and digital skills for deaf people: have clear communication via texts (entry 1 - entry 2)
Time: 14:00 - 17:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
This course has now finished
What is the course about?
You will focus on how to have clear communication via texts by writing, sending and replying text messages.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Writing full sentences
• Using correct punctuation
• Using good vocabulary (formal and informal)
• Checking spelling and grammar
• Sending and replying text messages.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• how to write full sentences
• how to send and reply text messages
• how to write formal and informal text messages.
• how to check spellings and grammar.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is aimed at those who need to build up their confidence with their communication skills. To find out your level of skills, you will need to complete the initial assessment & the interview before enrolling. To book the assessment & the interview, please contact: e-mail: email@example.com; phone (sms): 07307 810118; phone (voice): 02074922511.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Each student has their own computer. Presentations will be made using computers, interactive whiteboard, overhead screen and printed notes. Step-by-step instruction, with demonstrations where appropriate, will help you grasp the concepts. Classes are taught in British Sign Language, and written English.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please bring a folder, pens, paper and your smartphone.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Your attendance and punctuality is expected to be at 85% or above. At the end of this course, your course tutor will review your overall learning progress including your attendance/punctuality and will advise accordingly.