At the Mental Wealth Festival 2019 we asked our visitors;
What one thing will you take away from your session at the Mental Wealth Festival 2019?
- The importance of there being peer support and and fact there is a shortage of BAME counsellors and what I can do about mental health.
- To do more meditation, thoughtfulness and being open.
- As a therapist I will create more workshops for men, talking therapies at local community centres
- Sandra Kerr's contribution to the BAME panel discussion and seeing a black woman influencing at that level
- Awareness and to hear the panel speak so authentically. Beautiful.
- Virtuous circle instead of vicious circle
- Openness and vulnerability
- Better able to support BAME people in my network after this event
- Allowing my inner child to come out
- I want to do more sessions on mindfulness and art
- Good to see that people value people with a mental health problem
- Wrote one sentence in a daily journal- very doable
- Slowing down and noticing trees
- Insightful and interesting, I learnt a lot and it was a very supportive group where I felt comfortable to ask questions
- Sharing fears with others is good
- Very helpful to see what it is I am doing and how to change it. I feel positive and very well
- Breathing techniques for confidence
Thank you to everyone who gave us feedback on the event and tips for future festivals.