Time: 18:00 - 21:00
Location: Dual Mode (Online or In Person)
This course will be delivered online or in person. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
What is the course about?
It builds on the Digital Skills for the workplace: using Excel (intermediate) or Digital skills for the workplace: analysing, handling and presenting data with Excel (intermediate) course and introduces the more advanced features of the application. The course covers some of the formulae associated with logical, statistical, financial and mathematical operations. Naming data ranges and using names in calculations.
You can choose to attend this course either live online or in person.
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Conditional Formatting
• More advanced formulas incorporating various functions (COUNTIF, SUMIF, VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP, DATE and TIME functions, PMT, PV, FV, DATABASE Functions).
• Using data tables
• More advanced linking of worksheets for calculations
• Naming data ranges and using names in calculations.
• Advanced sorting of data
• Advanced filtering of data
• Scenario Manger
• Data Validation and Auditing Spreadsheets
• Using pivot tables
• Recording macros.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Produce calculations using formulas incorporating various functions (COUNTIF, SUMIF, VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP, DATE and TIME functions, Text, PMT, PV, FV, DATABASE Functions, and summarise values from different worksheets/workbooks
• Work with large and more complicated worksheets with confidence.
• Sort and filter data using specified criteria
• Analyse data using pivot tables
• Set up best/worst case scenarios
• Automate tasks using macros.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an advanced course and you should have completed the Digital Skills for the workplace: using Excel (intermediate) or Digital skills for the workplace: analysing, handling and presenting data with Excel (intermediate) course, or have working knowledge or experience of using Excel.
You should also be able to follow spoken and written instructions and be comfortable carrying out mathematical calculations.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Step by step instruction, with demonstrations where appropriate, will help you grasp the concepts. Course notes will be provided by the tutor in Google Classroom.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no other costs, however you need to have Microsoft Office installed, preferably 2016 or later.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Please click here to view our Microsoft Office courses.
Aurica Jalba has been lecturing for over 5 years MS Office at City Lit and providing Bloomberg training to undergraduate and MBA students at the University of East London (UEL). Aurica developed her teaching passion during her studies at university and strongly believes that education is for everyone and she is passionate about long-life learning. Her main priority is to treat everyone inclusive and support in the classroom and outside the classroom. She is well known for her patience, dedication, and clarity in teaching. She has developed some courses at City Lit, bespoke training for an Indian Delegation, and providing training for companies as a freelancer. From September 2019 she has been appointed as a Coordinator for the Business and Technology department. Aurica holds a Diploma in Ecology, BSs Economics, MS Finance and Risk, is an Associate to the Chartered Banker Institute (CBI) and BMC (Bloomberg Market Concepts) among others. In 2016, she was awarded the 3rd Place Winner leading a team at the UK University Trading challenge in trading. In 2015 she was involved in a research project about the feasibility of a 1mln pounds investment in Ghana.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.