Excel: tricks and tips for productivity
Time: 10:00 - 17:00
Location: KS - Keeley Street
This course takes place in the classroom, please follow this link to find out what we are doing to keep you safe: Staying COVID-19 secure at City Lit
Course Code: CEX05
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
This course covers various ways of manipulating Microsoft Excel so that it is easier to work with, and will also cover various aspects of the program to give you knowledge of the different ways you can view, amend and present your data.
What will we cover?
• Features of the program such as basic formatting, subtotalling and conditional formatting
• Basic formulas and how to use them efficiently
• Tips on how to quickly sort, fill and view data
• How to protect your spreadsheets
• Inserting pivot tables and charts.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Use Excel more efficiently in your work
• Distinguish more about Excel's features
• Improve your decision making to know which feature to use and when.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is aimed at people who have some familiarity with Excel, perhaps but not necessarily using it regularly, but who would like to gain more knowledge. You should be relatively comfortable working with the basics of spreadsheet software such as entering data.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
There will be demonstrations from the tutor and practical tasks to complete which will help you to understand the material being presented.There will be no work outside of the class.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There is no other costs, you can have a pen and paper to take notes.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Further excel courses, for example:Excel: advanced, Excel:analysing data stage 1 or stage 2.