Time: 10:30 - 13:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LSW51
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
This workshop offers a historical and sociocultural perspective of Argentina. The course also explores the historical, cultural, natural and gastronomical aspects of each region. Finally, the course offers a number of useful tips for those who wish to visit the country information. Last but not least, this session provides ample opportunity for Q & A.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- History and general aspects of the country
- Description of the main touristic regions such as the Northwest and Patagonia
- Argentina’s wine route
- Guide and tips for tourists.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Take part in a group discussion about perceptions of Argentina before / after the course
- Discuss with other participants’ travel experiences in Argentina and other Latin American countries
- Have a better understanding of the geographical and socio-cultural context of Argentina
- Plan more appropriately for a trip to Argentina.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This will be an informative workshop done in Spanish. You should have an elementary level of the language (at least an A2 level).
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Our courses are characterised by spoken interaction and communication. Typical activities include pair work, group work, role plays and games. A range of resources will be used to support your learning including presentations, hand-outs, and audio-visual material.
Homework is highly recommended to consolidate learning.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
All materials will be provided by the tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Other Explore workshop courses. Please, ask the tutor or call the Languages Department on 020 7492 2644.