Time: 10:30 - 13:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LSW60
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
This workshop offers a historical, geographical and socio-cultural overview of Chile, focusing on three main areas: North, Central and South of Chile. The course also explores the main touristic attractions, gastronomy and traditions of each of these areas. Finally, the course offers a number of useful tips for those who wish to visit the country and provides ample opportunity for Q & A.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- Description of the North, Central and South of Chile
- Natural, historical and cultural attractions
- Important dates and traditions
- Guide and tips for tourists. Do's and Don'ts.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Take part in a group discussion about your knowledge of Chile before / after the course
- Discuss with other participants travel experiences in Chile and other Latin American countries
- Have a better understanding of the geographical and socio-cultural context of Chile
- Use the knowledge of the workshop to plan and enjoy their staying in the country.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This will be an informative workshop done in Spanish. You should have an elementary level of the language (at least an A2 level).
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- Active students’ interaction
- Emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- Pair and group work
- Role plays
- Use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- Use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
All materials will be provided by the tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Other Explore workshop courses. Please, ask the tutor, call the Languages Department on 020 7492 2644 or email email@example.com.