Explore Las Islas Baleares
Time: 10:30 - 13:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LSW502
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
This course is about the Balearic Island’s history, culture and gastronomy. We will cover the places and activities of interest in each island.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
History and general aspects of the region
- Culture & People
- Places and activities of interest in each island.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Take part in a group discussion about perceptions of the Balearic Islands before / after the course
- Discuss with other participants travel experiences in the Balearic Islands, any other island or Spain
- Better understand each of the areas covered in the workshop about the Balearic Islands
- Plan more appropriately for a trip to the Balearic Islands.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This will be an informative workshop done in Spanish. You should have an elementary level of the language (at least an A2 level).
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
All materials will be provided by the tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Other Explore workshop courses. Please, ask the tutor, call the Languages Department on 020 7492 2644 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Being a 'third culture kid', Claudia became interested in languages, travel and culture in her early years. After acquiring a Master’s degree in Communication Sciences and working as an Art Director, Travel Writer and Fine Art Landscape Photographer for some years, her lifelong passion for languages brought her to gain a Certificate in Language Teaching to Adults. As a native speaker of Portuguese and Spanish, she is experienced in delivering tailored language lessons for adults from all different backgrounds and levels. Being a global nomad since birth, different cultural experiences and the understanding that there is more than one way to look at situations, has given Claudia the insight of perceiving the world in different ways simultaneously. “Learning about other cultures and languages is one of the most useful and fulfilling things one can do as it broadens one's horizons in every aspect of life. It opens many doors not only regarding work and business opportunities but also as a way not only to really interact with other cultures but also learn from them. It is one of the best gifts you can give to yourself!”
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.