Exploring your dreams
Time: 09:30 - 17:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: PG687
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
Dreams speak to us in creative ways about ourselves and our lives. On this workshop you will become more acquainted with the language of signs, imagery and symbols, explore creative visualisation techniques and develop ‘dreamworking’ methods for healing, self discovery and transformation.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
During the course we will look at the meaning of our images, dreams and symbols in relation to healing and personal development, including:
- What is dream work and symbolic work?
- Humanistic and transpersonal views, including Gestalt, Jung, Faraday
- Five types of dreams according to transpersonal psychology
- Explore the place of dream and symbol as a bridge between inner and outer selves
- Use of the ‘waking dream’ method to track the meaning of dreams and take them forward
- Concentration and visualisation practices to help promote emotional, mental and physical well-being.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Explain the basics of using dreamwork as a tool
- Outline how to use visualisation, inner dialogue, dream association and amplification as methods to explore your dreams
- Start a dream symbol journal for self development.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an introduction course for anyone interested in exploring their own symbol and dream-making process. No previous experience or knowledge of dreamwork is required. You will need a fluent level of spoken and written English.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
To facilitate learning, the course will include relevant theory, discussion, pair and small group work as well as individual reflection. Exercises will include inner dialogue, dream associations, student reflection and journal writing.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please bring a pen. A paper journal will be provided, and a recommended book list will be given at the end of the day.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
We offer further personal development courses such as: Sleep improve your wellbeing (PG686); Psychology of dreaming (PP129); Creative Visualisation (PG649); Journal writing for self discovery (PG612); Free writing: exploring connections with thoughts and feelings (PG712).