French 2 upper at a gentle pace: module 2
Time: 14:15 - 16:00
Location: Keeley Street
- Course Code: LF280
- Dates: 18/01/24 - 21/03/24
- Time: 14:15 - 16:00
- Taught: Thu, Daytime
- Duration: 10 sessions (over 10 weeks)
- Location: Keeley Street
- Tutor: Yolande Mallet De Chauny
Course Code: LF280
Duration: 10 sessions (over 10 weeks)
Please note: We offer a wide variety of financial support to make courses affordable. Just visit our online Help Center for more information on a range of topics including fees, online learning and FAQs.
What is the course about?
This course aims to further improve your lower intermediate French, at a gentle pace. You will build up your confidence by learning the language gradually with the emphasis on speaking and listening.
What will we cover?
- topics: lifestyle; health; customs and traditions; the environment.
- language points: giving advice( il faut, on doit, on pourrait…); the conditional present; different places of adjectives; demonstrative pronouns; relative pronouns qui and que; pour to express an objective; polite expressions to converse; vocabulary related to living together in harmony; vocabulary related to the protection of the environment.
- culture: alternative lifestyles; the French speaking world and their differences.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- talk and discuss lifestyles
- talk about solutions to make the world a better place
- talk on a varierty of topics with greater accuracy and fluency
Please note that the learning outcomes may vary depending on the general progress made by the students.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Students should have completed French 2 upper at a gentle pace: module 1 or have recently done two years of French. It is also essential that you have some knowledge of basic grammar terminology (e.g verb, noun, conjugation). Please note this course goes at a slower pace than our standard courses.
In order to join the course, you should be able to do the following:
- speak about your life
- exchange key moments in your life
- exchange about lifestyles
- talk about the future with confidence.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This course offers a friendly and relaxed atmosphere which will enable you to learn at your own pace. Your tutor will use a range of teaching strategies to ensure that you gradually build up your confidence in speaking and listening. Throughout the course, you will receive learning tips on how to speak in groups more effectively and independently (without relying on your notes). You will practise listening to spoken language in ways that will maximise your understanding. There will be activities and advice to help you retain vocabulary. Homework is highly recommended to consolidate learning.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Textbook and exercise book: Based on units 5-6 of Entre Nous 2, publisher emdl, ISBN number ISBN 978-84-8443-927-1
Please note that you might not cover all the activities in the book during the course. We suggest that you do not purchase the coursebook until after the first class.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
A French 2 upper at a gentle pace: module 3 course, starting next term. If you are unsure about what to do next, please ask your tutor for advice. Please enrol as soon as possible as places cannot be guaranteed.