French 2 upper: module 1
Time: 12:10 - 13:40
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
What is the course about?
The course aims at developing the four skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing. You will also widen your knowledge of French speaking countries through a variety of interactive activities.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- topics: autobiographical journey; key moments in one's life; lifestyles; the future.
- language points: revision and consolidation of the past, present and future tenses; relative pronouns qui and que; hypothetical and complex sentences; stages of life; new technologies; body parts; sports; useful language to interact with others.
- culture: French autobiographical novels; new sports.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- speak about your life
- exchange key moments in your life
- exchange about lifestyles
- talk about the future with confidence
Please note that the learning outcomes may vary depending on the general progress made by the students.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should have done two years of French recently or have an equivalent knowledge of the language (A2 level).
In order to join the course, you should be able to do the following:
- describe where you live
- make comparisons between the past and the present
- express preferences
- share life experiences
- know more about French laws that have impacted on society.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Our courses are characterised by spoken interaction and communication. Typical activities include pair work, group work, role plays and games. A range of resources will be used to support your learning including presentations, hand-outs, and audio-visual material. Homework is highly recommended to consolidate learning.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Textbook and exercise book: Based on units 3-4 of Entre Nous 2, publisher emdl, ISBN number ISBN 978-84-8443-927-1 Please try the European Bookshop by selecting 'City Lit' and the language you are studying at this web page or call them at 020 7734 5259. If you state on the website, by phone or in the shop that you are studying with us, you can claim a 10% discount. You might be asked for your student number.
Please note that you might not cover all the activities in the book during the course.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
A French 2 upper: module 2 course, starting next term. If you are unsure about what to do next, please ask your tutor for advice. Please enrol onto the next module as soon as possible as spaces cannot be guaranteed.
A love of language, of words, of the intricacies of grammar was instilled at an early age into Pascale as a young child, sitting at the back of ther mother's classroom, taking it all in. Her professional destiny was sealed... After setting up and delivering language courses in the private sector as well as government agencies and TV channels she was eager to enter the great community and the ethos of Adult Education. Pascale believes that it is both an enormous privilege and responsability to instill, foster and sustain a thirst for learning in a fun, safe and welcoming environment. Her secret ingredients are humour and energy.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.