French 2 upper: module 2
Time: 13:00 - 15:00
Location: Keeley Street
What is the course about?
This course aims to consolidate and further develop the four skills of speaking, listening, writing and reading. You will also widen your knowledge of French-speaking countries through a variety of communicative activities.
What will we cover?
- topics: lifestyle; health; customs and traditions; the environment.
- language points: giving advice( il faut, on doit, on pourrait…); the conditional present; different places of adjectives; demonstrative pronouns; relative pronouns qui and que; pour to express an objective; polite expressions to converse; vocabulary related to living together in harmony; vocabulary related to the protection of the environment.
- culture: alternative lifestyles; the French speaking world and their differences.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- talk and discuss lifestyles
- talk about solutions to make the world a better place
- talk on a varierty of topics with greater accuracy and fluency
Please note that the learning outcomes may vary depending on the general progress made by the students.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Students should have done two years of French recently and have completed a French 2 upper: module 1 course or have an equivalent knowledge of the language.
In order to join the course, you should be able to do the following:
- speak about your life
- exchange key moments in your life
- exchange about lifestyles
- talk about the future with confidence.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Our courses are characterised by spoken interaction and communication. Typical activities include pair work, group work, role plays and games. A range of resources will be used to support your learning including presentations, hand-outs, and audio-visual material.Homework is highly recommended to consolidate learning.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Textbook and exercise book: Based on units 5-6 of Entre Nous 2, publisher emdl, ISBN number ISBN 978-84-8443-927-1 Please try the European Bookshop by selecting 'City Lit' and the language you are studying at this web page or call them at 020 7734 5259. If you state on the website, by phone or in the shop that you are studying with us, you can claim a 10% discount. You might be asked for your student number.
Please note that you might not cover all the activities in the book during the course.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
A French 2 upper: module 3 course, strating next term. If you are unsure about what to do next, please ask your tutor for advice. Please enrol as soon as possible as places cannot be guaranteed.