French 3: focus on reading and writing
Time: 11:00 - 13:00
Location: Keeley Street
Course Code: LF300
Duration: 2 sessions (over 2 weeks)
What is the course about?
In this course you will work on your reading and listening skills through short texts and exercises to help you focus on the main points of the written language. The course will also briefly focus on different registers of language to make you aware of what to expect while reading and writing authentic French material.
What will we cover?
- strategies on how to read and write French effectively.
- Close reading of short texts to help you focus on meaning.
- A mix of different topics from everyday situations to help you cope better in your interactions with French speakers.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
-Gain confidence in your reading and writing skills.
- Be aware of some tricks and tips on how French is written .
- Have a better-trained eye to understand written French more easily.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is intended for upper intermediate students of French. For City Lit students, that will mean students on a 3 lower/upper course. You should have studied French for at least 3 years. Please note that this is a reading and writing skills course, so the focus will be on reading and writing skills rather than on speaking and listening skills.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs or texts.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
If you are not already enrolled on one of our mainstream French courses, the tutor will advise you about progression routes.