French 4/5: practique et perfectionnement: module 3
Time: 14:00 - 16:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
This course has now started
What is the course about?
This course will help you to develop your confidence and fluency. You will revise key advanced grammar points in context, with the emphasis on speaking and listening skills.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
The topics will be decided at the beginning of the term. They will range from current affairs to culture. The grammar needed will be assessed by students and the tutor at the beginning of the term and will be embedded within the topics covered.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- discuss current affairs more confidently
- express your opinion regarding cultural matters
- identify specific information from a radio/TV programme or from a film extract
- build sentences more accurately when speaking and writing
- develop your understanding of French culture and society.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Ideally of you have completed French 4 or would like to build up your confidence and revise grammar before joining a French 5 course. If you are not sure if this course is for you, please contact the languages department for advice on firstname.lastname@example.org
It is also essential that you have knowledge of more complex grammar terminology (e.g. the subjunctive, the conditional, direct and indirect speech, pronouns).
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Our courses are characterised by spoken interaction and communication. Typical activities include pair work, group work, role plays and games. A range of resources will be used to support your learning including presentations, hand-outs, and audio-visual material.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
All the material will be provided by the tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
French 4/5: pratique et perfectionnement: module 3 or French 5 courses. Ask your tutor for advice.