French DALF C2
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
Possibilité de paiement en plusieurs versements. Les frais d'examen ne sont pas inclus dans le prix.
Note que le cours ne sera peut-être pas toute l'année en ligne.
Voici les dates des trimestres:
T1: 17/09/20 - 10/12/20
T2: 07/01/21 - 25/03/21
T3: 22/04/21 - 03/06/21.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
This course has now started
Course Code: LFY53
Duration: 32 sessions (over 38 weeks)
What is the course about?
To prepare students to sit the DALF C2 examination in June 2021. This is a demanding course, which requires a considerable amount of self study.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Reading, writing, individual and group presentation, discussion and analysis of texts on specific topics related to contemporary France and French-speaking countries. Practise complex grammatical points.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- write and speak accurately and confidently about specific topics/areas
- have a very high Level of expressive style and a greatly extended vocabulary
- sit the DALF C2 examination with confidence.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Student should have passed the DALF C1 or have an equivalent level. Please check details above regarding test and interview for this course. Active participation is expected.
For further details of the specific foreign language skills required for this level, please see the languages self-assessment chart, using the link at the top of this page. You can also find the chart at the start of the languages section in our course guide.
It is also essential that you have knowledge of more complex grammar terminology such as: the past tenses, the future tense, the subjunctive, the conditional, pronouns.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
- Help yourself to French Grammar (advanced level) T. Marriot and M. Ribiere, Longman
- Book to be annouced
- Monolingual dictionary: le Petit Robert.
- Tutor's own material
Please try: The European Bookshop - http://www.europeanbookshop.com (020 7734 5259) for 10% discount.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Courses at 5/6 level
NOTE: we give the possibility to learners to repeat the whole course or part of the course, if they feel (in agreement with the tutor) that they need to study a while longer before taking the exams.