How will classes take place online?
Our live online sessions will take place using Zoom or Google Meet.
Some courses also use Google Classroom. This is an online learning platform where tutors can put course resources and communicate with their students.
After you sign up to an online course, we will send you two reminder emails with more details about your online course. We will email you three days and one day before your course starts.
If you enrol on the same day as the course start date, you will receive an email shortly after you enrol.
If you cannot find any emails with joining instructions and don't know how to join your class, please check your spam or junk folder. If you still cannot find information from us, contact the department directly. You will find their contact details on our course related contacts page.
What equipment do I need for the class?
You will need the following:
- A laptop, PC, or a tablet. You can use your smartphone, but that may have some limitations.
- A stable internet connection
- An up-to-date web browser. This is a software on your computer that helps you go on the Internet. We recommend that you use Google Chrome or Firefox.
- A webcam - this is normally part of your laptop or tablet. If you are using a desktop PC, you may need to have an external webcam.
- A microphone - this is normally part of your laptop or tablet. If you are using a desktop PC, you may need to have an external microphone.
- Speakers or headphones.
You can find out more on our technical requirements page in the City Lit Help Centre.
If you are looking for more information about online learning at City Lit, please see our Online Learning pages in the City Lit Help Centre.