HTML5 & CSS3: advanced (stage 3)
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: CHL21
Duration: 4 sessions (over 4 weeks)
What is the course about?
This hands on HTML & CSS course provides knowledge in CSS position to build your own layout and how to apply it to create a responsive design. The course will also cover some advance CSS effects. You will get the skills needed to design a website from initial conception to the HTML/CSS layout.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• CSS Positioning : Static, Relative, Absolute and Fixed
• Floats revision
• HTML relationships (hierarchy)
• Box model and HTML default tag behaviour
• CSS Z Index and Centering
• Using Pseudo classes
• Using the Flexible Box CSS layout mode
• Using Media Queries
• Using multiple background
• CSS3 transitions
• CSS3 and Form design
• Create an example responsive website
• Publish your website through a web server.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Apply Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to format your web pages including the Flexible Box CSS layout mode
• Position independently elements on the page using CSS
• Set formatting styles by using HTML relationships and CSS pseudo classes
• Apply CSS stacking order and centre attribute to HTML elements
• Apply CSS Media Queries to change the look of a page according to display size
• Use advance features such as CSS multiple background and transitions
• Use CSS3 to create a modern look to HTML forms
• Troubleshoot framework CSS.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is aimed at students with intermediate level of HTML5 & CSS.
You should have knowledge of:
• Basic HTML structure
• Basic CSS features such as applying colours, borders padding and margins.
• Using a simple Word Processor or text editor
You should also be able to follow spoken and written instructions and add, subtract, multiply and divide.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Step by step instruction/ demonstration and hands on exercises to practice HTML code and CSS syntax which will help you grasp all concepts.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
here to view all courses in the web development courses.
Itai currently works as a UX consultant with Mazaru. He was recently part of Google's conversation design advocacy and education team where he developed training materials, acted as a keynote speaker, delivered design sprints, and facilitated workshops. He holds an MSc in HCI. He previously led a successful Web Development degree programme and played an integral role, both in the UK and Europe, in the development and validation of multiple undergraduate degree programmes. This included chairing an international academic committee, managing academic departments, coordinating outreach, and overseeing students’ personal and professional development.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.