Hungarian 2: module 3
Time: 18:00 - 19:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
This course has now started
Course Code: LHG23
Duration: 10 sessions (over 12 weeks)
What is the course about?
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• A working day
• Jobs: what different people do at work
• Priorities when choosing a profession
• Studying abroad
• Moving abroad, living abroad
• Different ways of learning languages
• The Szép family
• A Hungarian cartoon.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• describe your working day
• talk about different jobs and what activities take place
• conduct a conversation about your working life
• interview people about their study plans
• give opinions
• compare learning different languages
• express different degrees of certainty
• write entries into a blog.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is intended for learners who have completed Hungarian 2: Module 2, or who have a similar level (roughly a year and a half of study).
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Students only need to have the textbook titled MagyarOK1. The teacher will provide students with photocopies for the first two sessions and will help to arrange ordering the book. The costs will be about £20.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Speak to your tutor about possible progressin routes.
Eva started teaching younger pupils English when she was still at grammar school and then went on to university to major in English and Hungarian. She also studied ethnography since she was deeply interested in her own country’s cultural and intellectual background. Eva has taught Hungarian at all levels and has experience teaching at colleges, universities and government organisations. She loves to see the enthusiasm of adult students when they start learning Hungarian and to watch how they become inspired to learn more about the language. Eva has translated books for children from English into Hungarian. She has also translated essays by George Orwell. When she is not teaching, she likes taking long walks, gardening and practicing yoga.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.