Introduction to Cloud computing
Time: 18:30 - 21:30
This course is FREE if a) you live in London and your job is at risk of redundancy or b) you are either on Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) or Employment & Support Allowance(ESA) or c) you receive other state benefits (including Universal Credit) and your monthly take home pay is less than £343. For more information click here
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: CCL04
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
Cloud computing is a form of Internet-based computing that provides shared computer processing resources and data to computers and other devices on demand.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• The course will look at cloud computing from two perspectives: computing for the end user using shared online apps and storage and cloud computing for business
• Should you host your own servers or take advantage of cloud providers like Amazon EC2 or Microsoft Azure?
• What are the advantages, risks and costs of each method?
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Recognise the cloud computing landscape
• Evaluate the various options in this field, whether you are an end user looking for online backup, a website owner looking at scalable options to manage fluctuations in demand or a business looking to migrate away from hosting your own computing resources
• Setup and use one or more relevant cloud resources.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is suitable for learners who are comfortable with using a computer and the web and who want to learn more about cloud computing.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course consists of demonstrations, practical activities and discussions. One to one guidance and support will be given throughout.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Other internet or new technology trends related courses such as Stay safe online, Introduction to artificial intelligence, Introduction to cyber security essentials.
Julian worked as a technical manager for two large organisations before taking a career break to study for an MA and to qualify as a teacher. He now divides his business hours between working as a freelance marketing consultant and business coach for small to medium-sized businesses, and teaching for City Lit, two other colleges, and for a number of charities that help people gain the skills to start their own business. His key interests include web design and marketing, content strategy, search engine marketing and the use of social media. He is a huge fan of WordPress and also teaches a range of IT courses in Java, Python, PHP and App development.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.